Friday, October 2, 2009

New Toy!

Today was a monumental day for our household.

You see, gentle readers, for the past year and change that I have been dating Boyfriend, he has not had a cell phone. Well, that's unfair. He had a prepaid cell phone that he never turned on. It was always out of minutes. He gave out my phone number to people because mine was always on, and his never was.

It pissed me off.

So, today, we got a family plan. And Boyfriend got a big boy cell phone. And I got a matching one, b/c it's cute and pretty. We got these Motorola Karma phones:



Image courtesy of http://www.techgadgets.in/images/motorola-karma-handset.jpg

They're cute. They've got a lot of bells and whistles for a messaging phone. We're very happy with the twins. Save that the Internet won't work on Boyfriend's. We're going to have to go back to the AT&T store tomorrow to figure that out.

Now, yes, in a perfect world we would have gotten iPhones. Or Blackberries. But ... we're law students. The data packages for those are more per month. We pay half as much for unlimited data as we would for iPhones, and they really do everything we need them to do. I'm sure we'd love iPhones if we got them. But we just really can't justify the extra cost right now.

But we're a family. Our cell phone company says so. And we have cute square phones. Phones that are still full of endless possibilities and features that I haven't quite mastered. Phones that are well-reviewed on CNet.

So, it's a good day. I'll be up learning how to get the most out of my new toy.

While I'm preoccupied, I leave you with this video. You MUST watch it all the way through. The end makes me laugh so hard I can't breathe.




3 comments:

  1. Bahahahaha! That video! Hahaha!

    Enjoy the new phone, and thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was freakin aweseome. Best laugh of my week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the club! You'll never go back. ;-)

    ReplyDelete