Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I hate this week.

I came home from writing cover letters of doom all day and saw this on the news:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/08/04/pennsylvania.gym.shooting/

That's 25 minutes from my house.

I watched some of the coverage. Most heartwrenching was the meathead about my age who was working out in the weight room next door. After it was all over, he carried one of the girls outside. She had been shot in the thigh. He cried. From what I could piece together she bled out.

I have lost my faith in humanity.

This city doesn't need more of this. Not long ago, we had to deal with this shooting of three of our police officers: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/04/04/pittsburgh.officers.shot/index.html

It was only four months ago.

This week needs to be over. And people need to be human fucking beings and not do this to each other.

I don't believe in Hell. But I hope sincerely that I am wrong, and that tonight's shooter (who committed suicide) is roasting nicely there.

My thoughts are with the victims and their families.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you in that this week needs to stop being filled with such violent acts of hatred. This story makes me sick. Here there are *literally* hard working people trying to better their lives only to have it end abruptly by someone so evil. I don't understand why this person felt the need to take a bunch of innocent people out before he took his own life. If you're that upset where you're going to kill yourself, kill yourself and leave others alone. I'm interested to see what the note in the gunman's bag said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no words, except what I wrote to C2C. I hate this sensless garbage.

    *Hug*

    ReplyDelete