Thursday, September 17, 2009

The one about love

The things we do for love.

Since I haven't been to bed, it's still Wednesday. And today, being Wednesday, is Boyfriend's birthday.

And I spent most of it with a splitting headache. I was less than pleasant for a lot of it, I'm sure. Part of it is just that I get headaches and migraines. Part of it is that I haven't slept well recently.

So what is Boyfriend doing right now? He's sleeping in the spare room downstairs, b/c he snores, and he wants me to sleep well.

I may joke a lot IRL about him, but let me tell you: the man is a saint. He puts up with me in all my moods (and I have them. In. Spades.). He finds all my neuroses cute and funny and endearing. He is patient to a fault with me. He cooks. He cleans. He looks damn good.

And he's supported me in everything I've done this past year. He's been my best friend and the best part of an otherwise grueling year.

And today he's 33.

Tomorrow we're driving back to West Virginia to visit his dad and some law firms. And while it may not be where I thought I'd ever want to be even a year ago, he's worth the move.

I figure it's the least I can do for him, when he pretty much makes my day just by waking up.

2 comments: