Sunday, May 24, 2009

Getting caught up on the news I missed during finals ...

... and I stumbled across this in the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/04/26/AR2009042602711.html

The former head of the FDA discusses his struggle with his weight, and being able to control overeating. I've heard a lot of this information, but I thought it was interesting that a man who went to medical school, law school and ran the FDA has the same issue I have.

I think it's a good read, and the effects of fat, sugar, and salt on our weight are being accepted more and more every day. However, I then watched this guy on the Colbert Report ... and I think I want to read his book. I think the brain is key in all of this, and I want to understand it.

Because I know that I have issues with the snack cracker aisle. Sadies cookies make me weak, despite the fact that I don't really like them, because they remind me of my grandmother. I can't eat Girl Scout Cookies, because I'll eat the whole box.

Etc.

I've been better. Much better. But I'm not there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment