Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Victory, it is MINE!

Hello again, Dear Readers (all three of you! I see you!).

I am still feeling slightly under the weather, but am much improved in mood because I am done with my first year of law school. Oooooh yes. And despite having a sore throat and the sniffles, I may have imbibed a bit of intoxicating liquor last night.

But just maybe.

And thus ends the two and a half week ridiculousness that was finals. I got a full 8 hours of sleep last night, and today Boyfriend and I are lounging and doing nothing. It is blissful.

The bad news is, I gained a pound back during my two weeks of horrible eating. So, starting tomorrow, my workout and eating plan is back on in full force. My yoga studio will remember I who I am again. :)

Seriously, though. I think this summer will be good for establishing a routine of cooking and exercising. I'm only working part-time (due in part to the crappy economy and also to the fact that the judge only has so much bitch work). I may start looking for another part-time gig that's not law related. I may not. I may take this time to relax and take a freakin' break. Teach myself how to cook again. Go to yoga. Take long walks. Look longingly at Petfinder at Boston Terriers Boyfriend and I can't get until 3L, because our current landlord won't allow pets.

Or, maybe I'll do all those things and still find another part time gig, only for the weekends or just a few evenings. I have this bad habit of spending my summers working 70 hours a week at two different jobs and then never getting a break. Since my rent is paid up through August (when the loan money comes rollllllin' in again ...) why not take adavantage of a little break time?

Any thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. A pound gained from 2 weeks of horrible eating!? That's nothing! Congrats on being finished for the semester! I have almost one month left. :( But I'll try to enjoy my last weeks. Spring is here and it's a good time to be outside (when not writing & reading). :) Enjoy your free time. Taking up cooking again is a good idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. TAKE A BREAK.

    You'll wish you had when you get into the real world and find that you can't as easily, and you long for your student days (because you conveniently forget about the study and the hard work and only remember the hanging out and the naps).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amanda -- what are naps? I'm a law student .... we don't get no stinkin' naps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Amanda -- and I would also recommend trying something that you've never done before. It can be very liberating to introduce a new hobby or activity.

    ReplyDelete